Upon starting the game, you will be prompted to set a name, afterwards it will ask whether you want to play the tutorial map - it is recommended you do so. It will show you how to do basic movement with some visual aid.
From the main menu, click on Play and then select a server, it is recommended that new players join Novice servers. The default filter already has the word Novice on it, so you will only see those.
Basic controls[edit | edit source]
- Move left and right with A and D, and jump with Space.
- Aim with your mouse - note that your cursor inside the game is locked to a large circular region around the center of the screen.
- Hook with right click. Hooking allows you to hook onto hookable tiles or other tees.
- Fire/use your current active weapon with left click.
- Emote with ⇧ Shift. Most of the communication in DDNet can happen without even chatting, as tees often use the pistol to signal where to go and express how they feel about a map part using emotes, such as the tear drop emote for a faily part.
Main Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Hook[edit | edit source]
Hooking a hookable tile will accelerate you towards the end of the hook until the maximum hook speed is reached (about 20 blocks per second).
Hooking a tee both pulls the tee towards you at a fast rate, and you towards the tee at a slower rate. Tee hooking tee physics are governed by strong hook and weak hook.