FNG (short for "freeze and grab" or "freeze next generation") is a Teeworlds modification played in teams with Laser and Hammer. With the Laser you can freeze opponents and with the hammer you can melt team mates. The freeze usually lasts for 10 seconds. During that time you can gain points by throwing the frozen tee into spikes. Depending on the kind of spikes you gain or loose points. You gain points with normal or your own team spikes and loose points when throwing into opponents spikes.
The normal Teeworlds physics apply mostly, but the hammer is slightly stronger than the default hammer making throws easier.
History[edit | edit source]
The current implementation is called fng2, developed by Jupeyy. There are several predecessors to this implementation. One being openFNG for Teeworlds 0.6 by fstd, maintained from 2011-2015. The solo variant was called soloFNG. The FNG gameplay is an advancement of the Freeze mod fixing the long freeze times of players just laying around making it a bit boring.
Timeline[edit | edit source]
- 2009-02-28: Freeze gets released
- 2009-03-26: FNG gets announced by Magic Merlin, written by Tom (based on Teeworlds 0.5)
- 2011-05-16: fstd publishes openFNG a FNG implementation based on Teeworlds 0.6
- 2012-04-23: Fifi releases boomFNG (FNG with grenade launchers)
- 2013-06-04: soloFNG by TsFreddie
- 2016-11: FNG2 by Jupeyy
- 2020-01: FNG2 port to Teeworlds 0.7
Common Terminology[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- OpenFNG released: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7868
- Freeze mod forum post: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3535