The laser rifle is an automatic weapon that fires a straight beam that is used to unfreeze tees. The laser beam will bounce off of walls, ending either by hitting a tee or by reaching its maximum range. If a tee is hit, the beam will instantly unfreeze that tee. Apart from the effect on the hit tee, the laser behaves the same as the Shotgun. The fire delay is the highest from all weapons.
Using the laser rifle is about learning its timings in various different scenarios to help other tees and also help yourself through parts.
If the tee you are unfreezing is currently in a freeze tile, they will get frozen again. However, just like getting hit with the hammer, the hit tee will be unfrozen for a brief moment, in which they can:
By having the frozen tee hold jump and fire to shoot downwards with laser while in freeze, they will:
- Get unfrozen for a brief moment, jump and shoot.
- The laser will bounce off of the ground, unfreezing the jumping tee.
- Get unfrozen once more by their own shot.
Alternatively, the shooting tee can fire 2 consecutive laser shots, while the tee in the freeze jumps on the first shot and then gets unfrozen by the second one.
Many parts that include the laser rifle require you to unfreeze yourself while passing through horizontal of vertical walls of freeze. The angle that you need to shoot in depends on:
- The width or height of the wall of freeze.
- Your speed.
- The distance between your tee and the wall that you bounce the laser beam off of.
- Laser beams are delayed a bit every time they bounce off of a wall.
- Since the Laser Rifle is an automatic weapon, it can be held down to shoot indefinitely and will fire immediately when you are unfrozen.