Acronyms and terminology commonly used by Teeworlds players to describe in-game concepts. Split by game mode.
Common DDNet Acronyms and Terms
- 3fly : triple hammer fly, the tee hitting the driver also hooks another tee.
- b : back, commonly used by players that fall in freeze and need another player to come back to unfreeze them.
- dj : double jump, normally used in the phrase "need dj" or "get dj" to indicate that a tee must land on a tile to get their double jump back.
- dyn : dynamic camera.
- flw : follow, to follow another player to a different server.
- fv : fun vote, a vote which is called for no reason.
- hf : hammer fly, a method of flying involving a driver (a tee that hooks another tee) and a tee that hammers them from below.
- hh : hammer hit, typically chained together to cross long stretches of freeze.
- hr : hammer run, when two tees run in the same direction and the back tee hits the other.
- jp : jetpack, a modification to your second weapon (pistol) that allows you to fly
- r1 : rank 1, to signify the top time on a certain map.
- re : restart, to start the map from the beginning again.
- rf : rocket fly, a method of flying involving a driver (a tee that fires grenades and hooks another tee at an angle) and a tee that doesn't move
- rq : rage-quit, often used when someone fails a part and leaves, or when someone abandons a team mid-race.
- sg : shotgun
- t0 : team 0, the team that you start as when you join a server.
The character players control.
Voting for no proper reason (often it's the vote option 'Kick player' or 'Move to spectators').
If you see someone voting to ban you or someone else for no reason, you can report them on the Discord server in the #reports channel.
To edge is to place yourself on the edge of a block, where you are out of range of tiles like freeze, teleport, or kill. This is possible because the hitbox of these tiles is smaller than the square entity shown in-game.
In race terminology, this is also referred to as 'buguse'.
Not to be confused with an edge hook.
This is a common term used by players to refer to the state where you can no longer progress on the map, be it because everyone is frozen, or you can't do a part alone and your partners are not in a place you can reach.
Failing in DDNet is pretty common, especially in harder map difficulties such as DDmaX, Oldschool, Moderate, Brutal and Insane since these maps have faily parts.
Map parts where you can fail. Sometimes, players will say "faily" when you should be more cautious than usual.
To follow a player to another server, usually to play a different on a populated server.
It's easy to find another player using the Friends tab in the server browser after adding them (Escape > Players > Heart icon bubble)
A solo part at the start of a cooperative map that needs to be passed by everyone before they can start the map. Exists to "filter" out those who aren't skilled enough for the map.
A blocker is a player who intentionally fails or kills other people.
If you see someone blocking you can report them on the Discord server in the #reports channel.
Common FNG Acronyms and Terms
- ns : nice shot.
- sac : sacrifice, to throw an enemy into spikes for points.
To sacrifice a frozen tee that someone else shot, stealing their points and their kill. It's considered disrespectful to steal someone's kill while they're still alive and near the frozen tee.
To disrupt a teammate's movement by hooking or hammering them. Usually done while said teammate is trying to sacrifice a kill.
Common Block Acronyms and Terms
- fw : fun war, blocking without killing each other.
- perma : permanent block, blocking people in a way where saving is impossible.
- w4l : war for life.
- wb : way block, blocking people on the way to main block area.
War for life, killing each other for whole life long.
Blocking and killing each other.