DDRace (dummy drag race) is a cooperative Teeworlds modification. It is based on skill, cooperation and strategy to complete maps together with other players. The current biggest DDRace community DDraceNetwork published as its own game, but keeping compatibility with Teeworlds.
The origins of DDRace is a simple CTF modification where both teams try to capture the flag as fast as possible but can interfere with each other.
- Probably somewhere around 2008-01-14
- https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=374 Talk about a Race mod
- https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=287 Talks about adding a timer to Teeworlds flag capture (0.3)
- Based on 0.6: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7605
Originally developed by 3DA based on [N]Race, it was maintained through it's lifetime by [/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection [email protected]] It was rewritten from scratch when updating to 0.5-trunk by btd and GreYFoX.
DDMax (DDracemaX) was a server provider and maintained their version of DDRace from 2009 to 2014
- Created in 2010
- Each player is able to spawn a server side dummy and control it via chat commands.
- first based on DDRace: https://github.com/Shahan/teeworlds/tree/iddrace64_test
- later based on DDNet: https://github.com/SNSnoop/iDDNet